Pathfinders is a worldwide youth organization, with nearly 2 million young people, sponsored by the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Tampa First SDA Church- Youth Ministries Department – Pathfinders
Director: Gail B. Evans – firstname.lastname@example.org
Drum Coordinator: Monique Kearse
Club Treasurer: Michael Arnold
Tampa First Pathfinder Club, TFPC
Club Mission Statement– To train, equip and deploy an army of youth for the Lord
Club Meeting Schedule – TFPC meets every 1st and 3rd Sabbaths,
– Pathfinders Bible Experience, PBE: 2PM-2:50PM
– Club Meeting: 3PM-5PM
– Drum Corps “In Rhythm with God”: 5PM-7PM
– Sick & Shut-in Outreach “Be the Sermon”: Every 1st Sabbath immediately after Sabbath School, 10:30am we are our brothers keepers.
Praise Team Practice: Friday night, 6:30PM – 8PM (during the months there is a 5th Sabbath)
TLT, Teen Leadership Training: Scheduled by Florida Conference throughout the Pathfinder Calendar year
– To help young people understand that God and His church love them, care for them, and appreciate them. As Pathfinders are accepted and affirmed, they will begin to appreciate the love of God revealed through the church and its ministry, and feel a need to be more committed to and involved with its program.
– To encourage Pathfinders to discover their own God-given potential and to use their gifts and abilities to fulfill God’s expectations for them and the part they can play in the great plan of salvation.
– To inspire young people to give personal expression of their love for God by uniting them together in various outreach activities.
– Camping & Survival Skills: Build into a Pathfinder’s life a healthy appreciation and love for God’s creation by enjoying outdoor activity (campouts, nature walks, etc.).
– Honors: Pathfinders learn specific skills and hobbies that will make their lives more meaningful and will occupy their time with meaningful accomplishments.
– Community Service: Activities promoting community pride & involvement through outreach activities, collecting food for the disadvantaged and visiting and worshiping with the elderly and sick and shut in
– Drum Corp: “In Rhythm with God”, is a ministry within our Pathfinder club that teaches our members the skill of drill and drumming thus promoting discipline, determination, and leadership. This is the greatest ministry; we have to offer our young people. Its purpose is to not only make an impact to our club, but also in the community in which we serve. It is a place where our young people become part of a family, a place where they feel they belong and others care for them.
– Pathfinders Praise Team: Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord, O my soul! While I live I will praise the Lord; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being. Psalms 146: 1-2. The Pathfinder Praise team is our service ministry in worship that gives back to our Church Congregation and others through our Praise and Worship service. TFPC Praise team sings for Divine Worship every 5th Sabbath and for every Pathfinder program. The Praise team also sings upon request for additional services and Conference events.
– Leadership Training: Teen Leadership Training (TLTs) is a ministry within our club, designed to challenge and empower our teen Pathfinders with new and increased responsibilities while allowing them the security of doing so in a controlled atmosphere. TLTs assist conference staff, club directors and instructors with activities, honors, etc. They are infused with the staff and become intricate part of our club’s success
– Pathfinder Bible experience (PBE): The Pathfinder Bible Experience is a club bible study program. Each year, our team of designated Pathfinders, study a book or books of the Bible (alternating Old Testament and New Testament), memorizing large portions of God’s word in order to compete with other Pathfinder Club PBE teams in our area.